Top 10 Best Mortising Machines in 2019 Reviews
There are many who are naturally endowed with mechanical skills and they can efficiently repair any task. The same is not possible for everyone and therefore, the invention of mechanical tools assist to fulfill the need. The woodworking essentially focuses on your craftsmanship skills and the choice of tools. In the absence of appropriate tools, it is not possible to accomplish woodworking jobs effectively. For such jobs, mortising machines are invented. It is a machine that employs an auger and a chisel to create a rectangular or square mortise within the wood. It can skillfully take care of every heavy lifting when the matter comes to preparing mortises in a precise way. The use of decent quality drill and compound saw will not suffice as there is still a need to get the wood mortised in an impeccable way. For DIY use or commercial project, the below-discussed mortising machines are the best choices:
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Mortising Machines in 2019 Reviews on Amazon.Com
- 10. RIKON Professional Power Tools Benchtop X/Y Mortiser:
- 9. Shop Fox W1671 3/4 HP Heavy-duty Mortising Machine:
- 8. Powermatic 1791264K Model 719T Tilt Table Mortiser:
- 7. DELTA 14-651 Professional 1/2HP Bench Mortising Machine:
- 6. Woodtek 876775, Machinery, Mortisers:
- 5. PORTER-CABLE 513 1-1/2 Horsepower Lock Mortiser:
- 4. RIKON Power Tools 34-255 Bench Top Mortise:
- 3. General Tools 870 Aluminum Mortise and Tenon Jig Kit:
- 2. Grizzly G0645-1/2 HP Benchtop Mortising Machine:
- 1. Jet 708580 JBM-5 1/2 Horsepower Bench Mortiser:
- Related Posts
List of Top 10 Best Mortising Machines in 2019 Reviews on Amazon.Com
10. RIKON Professional Power Tools Benchtop X/Y Mortiser:
A benchtop mortiser from RIKON, this x-y mortising machine offers accurate positioning of your work for tedious mortises. High precision is facilitated with the use of the sliding x-y axis table. The polish on the surface of this mortise unit would last longer. Whether for DIY purposes of commercial purposes, this Rikon Mortiser tool would perfectly fulfill your need. Moreover, its x/y adjustment, table, and heavy cast iron fence are capable to hold the work with high stability.
Accurate cuts are employed through sharp chisels. Due to high stability during the operation, the users would feel safe and can work consistently. Another reason behind this is the benchtop possesses a gas-filled stabilizer that assists control upward & downward chisel motion throughout your hard work.
- The powerful ½ hp motor working at the speed of 1750 rpm facilitates quick cutting of mortises even in the toughest woods without any issues of stalling.
- Outstanding control during the operation is provided through the X – Y directional table with stops. So, the hassles associated with cutting tedious mortises will be eliminated and you could solely emphasis on your work. To perceive ultimate control, it is a recommended idea to use this Rikon benchtop mortiser tool.
9. Shop Fox W1671 3/4 HP Heavy-duty Mortising Machine:
Shop Fox presented this heavy-duty mortising tool to precisely create mortise in required shapes. With the assistance of the precision 1/2″ chuck, this sturdily built tool removes the requirement to alter bits and chisels. Moreover, the extra height capacity enables the use of stock up to 7-3/8″ of thickness. It is known that the all-steel, quick-adjust depth stop is found convenient to set and specially engineered using a positive stop mechanism. This mechanism guarantees the supreme level of recurrent accuracy for recurrent operations. Some of the exceptional specialties of this W1671 mortising machine include exceptional swiveling base, double support columns, adjustable depth stop rod, and gas spring return.
- The quick-positioning handle lets you hold this mortising tool effectively.
- To create mortise in a precise manner, it comes with an adjustable length and convenient two-door chuck access.
- Its solid-steel structure indicates high durability.
- High efficiency is indicated through its 110V, 3/4 HP motor that operates at 3450 RPM.
8. Powermatic 1791264K Model 719T Tilt Table Mortiser:
For preparing perfect mortises, the importance of work support is inevitable while looking to purchase a mortiser. In this unit from Powermatic, there is the facility of 7 inches by 7 inches surface to give ample work support. So, the mortising tool will effortlessly adjust to any angle anywhere in the range of 0 and 35 degrees. It is known that the table is capable to move left towards the right; also, it can move forward and backward collectively with the assistance of the large hand wheel controls.
Accurate repetitions are offered through the variable linear stops and a flip-down stop. The included clamp can be quickly adjusted and it offers sufficient work-holding force and rotations to hold the angled work pieces. The configuration of this tilt table mortise showcases heavy-duty cast iron construction and an efficient 1-horsepower motor. These aspects suggest that this Powermatic 719T tool is capable to accomplish even the most demanding mortising jobs
- With a view to preparing angled workpieces, Powermatic incorporated quick position table mounted rotating vise clamp.
- The included feed lever boasts six positions for instant adjustments
- To suit a wide range of applications, the fence and table tilt from 0 to 35 degrees.
- To convey smooth operation, there is the implementation of the gas cylinder regulated rack and pinion head raising & lowering mechanism.
7. DELTA 14-651 Professional 1/2HP Bench Mortising Machine:
The use of the Delta 14-651 bench mortising machine is not only limited to woodworking because it is also used for cabinetry, is furniture and boat building. It is certain that the credit of the efficient working goes to its powerful 1/2 HP motor and 3/8-inch capacity chuck that can mortise hard and soft woods. Provision of an adaptable stop streamlines the repeat mortises. While mortising, the need to change chisel arises frequently and for that, the tool includes chuck key/hex wrench. For this change, it offers open access to drill chuck. You need to worry about the stability during the operation since the tool is equipped with a huge cast-iron base along with a center hole.
- In this DELTA mortising machine, there is a total of 4 chisels and bits. They are 1/4-inch x 1/4-inch, 5/16-inch x 5/16-inch, 3/8-inch x 3/8-inch, and 1/2-inch x 1/2-inch.
- The adjustments amid the projects are simplified through a cast iron base, adaptable fence, and head.
- The included head can be rotated 180 degrees and can be mounted again for off-table mortising.
6. Woodtek 876775, Machinery, Mortisers:
Occasionally the need arises to mortise square shape in a wood and you may face difficulty to accomplish such tasks. In such cases, this Woodtek mortiser tool becomes handy. This is because it owns the potential to easily make a square in wood. The corresponding depth adjustment is easy to adjust. Basically, it utilizes a simple rod that relates to the anticipated depth. Similar to the majority of the things in woodworking, there would be no time waste during setup. Once setup appropriately, it beautifully performs the function and fulfills your needs.
- During the operation, it employs a lever controlled rack and pinion plunge stroke.
- Since it just weighs 45 lbs., there would be no portability hassles.
- To make sure everything is made available, the pack includes bushings, chuck key, 8′ long power cord and plug, wrenches, 28″ long handle, hardware, and instructions.
5. PORTER-CABLE 513 1-1/2 Horsepower Lock Mortiser:
The hand mortising is now obsolete and the recent mortisers are exceptionally prepared to deliver high efficiency. The Porter-Cable 513 mortising machine would accomplish the job instantly without any compromise in the mortise shapes. It is due to its powerful 11 Amp motor rotating at 27,500 RPM that delivers extremely detailed cuts. This aspect is highly useful when you need to make cuts for box locks. This heavy-duty lock mortise tool is capable to slice mortises up to 7 x 1-1/4 x 4-3/4 inches (L x W x D). It is generally observed to be used in entry door lock installations
- The 513 mortising machine is capable to accommodate doors with thickness up to 4-1/2 inches, Furthermore, its working mechanism would automatically align the cutter towards the center on the door’s edge regardless of the thickness.
- The durable steel and alloy construction guarantees high reliability and precise cuts.
- It is extremely easy to set-up and it would precisely locate to door.
4. RIKON Power Tools 34-255 Bench Top Mortise:
One of the prime characteristics of this benchtop mortising machine is its powerful 1/2HP, 1700RPM motor. This built-in motor is accomplished to instantly slice mortises within the toughest woods without creating issues of stalling. Its frequent use would give an idea that its drilling power is decent enough because of the multi-position handle. This handle is capable to serve its user with the finest control. So, your mortising tasks will not be interrupted because the chisel motions are effortlessly regulated upward and downward due to the gas-filled stabilizer.
It came to know that this RIKON mortiser is ideal for dovetailing since the dovetail column ways assist to slice diverse mortises at a uniform speed. This is made possible through its adaptable stop feature. For enhancing convenience during use, it includes table extensions.
- The included gas filled stabilizer regulates vertical chisel motion throughout the mortising tasks.
- Presence of the multi-position handle employs the finest control and efficient power for drilling.
- Superb control and power for drilling are facilitated through the Militia position handle.
3. General Tools 870 Aluminum Mortise and Tenon Jig Kit:
Identified as a trailblazing tool, this aluminum made mortising machine offers an instant, all-inclusive solution. The corresponding solution is capable to cut a matching mortise as well as tenon through a single jig. It is known that this jig is readily available to use right from the pack. So, the kit would generate 1/4-inch mortise as well as tenon joints for furniture, cabinets, and frames.
With the use of a plunge router along with the jig, any woodworkers could slice comprehensively aligned mortises and tenons whose width vary from 1/4-inch to 1/1-inch and length vary from 1-inch to 3-inches. There would be no hassles to mount the entire unit on a workbench or over a board which could be fastened within a vise or into a bench.
- The jib body is made durable with the use of sturdy aircraft grade aluminum
- For precise joints, the incorporated clamps and swingarm perfectly secure wood.
- It can effortlessly handle wood stock whose thickness varies from 1/2-inch to 1 1/2-inch. Furthermore, this mortising is proficient to cut several different mortises in a unified long piece.
2. Grizzly G0645-1/2 HP Benchtop Mortising Machine:
Now it is easy to drill square sided mortises using this Grizzly benchtop mortising tool. The cheap quality mortising machine may not ensure precise mort but this tool ensures that. This is made possible with its rigid cast iron construction and a rack & pinion head control system. This system smoothly glides over a dovetailed column with adaptable ways. Generally, the mortiser unit is simple to assemble in less than 45 minutes. The overall functioning I superb and slices a decent mortise to meet your needs. In spite of being heavy duty, this machine is simple to operate.
- Presence of pneumatic return support streamlines the step and repeat the cycle of different drilling.
- High durability is guaranteed through its rigid cast iron construction. Besides, a rack and pinion head control system glides smoothly over a dovetailed column along with high adjustability feature. So, it guarantees high precision
- The built-in 1/2 HP motor is proficient to power through any wood and the availability of drill chuck simplifies the hassles associated with mortising drills changing.
1. Jet 708580 JBM-5 1/2 Horsepower Bench Mortiser:
Showcased in a convenient sized, this powerfully working Benchtop mortising tool could be utilized on a bench or even on an independent stand. Due to its heavy-duty construction, it offers great durability, stability, and consistency required to generate decent quality outcomes. In the pack, you will find this tool, chuck key, and three bits. Overall, you would avail solid performance without any compromise in the user experience.
- The reliable rack&pinion head adjustment serves precise drilling control.
- Presence of an elongated, multi-position mortising handle allows the user to reposition the feed handle to perceive simple operation.
- Any chances of malfunctioning or accidents are avoided with its detachable on/off toggle switch.
To employ accurate measurements and a neat finish to all the different shaped holes in woodworking, the mortising machines are the recommended choices. Whether you wish to create square or rectangular holes in any DIY or commercial project, try these mortising tools. They are easy to handle and highly efficient.